Getting a Student Visa

Aside from the usual requirements, such as passport, Form DS-160 confirmation page, application fee payment receipt, and photo, an applicant of a student visa must also bring the Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant M-1 Student Status for Vocational Students or the Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant F-1 Student Status for Academic and Language Students. The school will provide these forms to qualified students.

During the student visa interview, the consul might require additional documents such as transcripts, degrees, certificates, or diplomas from schools previously attended, and scores from tests required by the US school that include TOEFL, GRE, GMAT or SAT. The consul might also ask evidence of the person’s intent to return to one’s residence after the completion of the course of study as well as how one will pay the educational, travel, and living costs.

Types Of Student Visa

F-1 Student Visa

F-1 student visa is required if the person wants to enter the U.S. to attend college or university, private elementary school, conservatory, seminary, high school, or another academic institution that includes a language training program. A person on an F-1 student visa can accept employment in the United States as part of the practical training. The individual is required to get an Employment Authorization Document.

F-1 spouses as well as dependent children under 21 years of age can live but not work in the United States during the same time the principal is studying in the country. Children with F-2 status can go to public elementary and high school. People with F categories are allowed to bring domestic help as long as they meet the requirements.

M-1 Student Visa

M-1 student visa is required for students who want to enroll in a non-academic or vocational program in a certified institution in the U.S. Some examples of vocational study qualified for M-1 visa are training programs for machinists, health care technicians, dental hygienists, and other vocational programs.

A full course is required in order for a person to qualify for an M-1student visa. It must be offered by a community or junior college and consists of at least 12 semesters. A person can also apply to a post-secondary business or vocational school that provides Associate or other degrees.

J-1 visitor visa is a nonimmigrant visa for a person who is approved to join in an exchange visitor program in the U.S. Students can apply for exchange programs to study secondary or college in the United States. There are also programs for short-term scholars. A portion of the individual’s financial support must come from a scholarship, assistantship, or a fellowship from an external source. This is one way for people who want to enter the United States through a student visa.

You will be introduced to an experienced Immigration Solicitor with more than 10 years experience in Immigration Law and the Solicitor will deal with you directly from the beginning to the end of your matter

You will be offered a 20mins free consultation on your Immigration matter, this 20mins includes the time to send you an email summarising your discussion and an action plan for your matter .

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *